I really like Screen printing on Polymer Clay, but I’ve never tried a combo of coloring clay with inks first or making it into a Quilt, so heres how it went and lessons learned from my mistakes……
I guess for my first time trying this it wasn’t to bad, but I did do a few mistakes. When I colored my clay I put too much ink ; it really dried the clay, so I had to add more clay. I went with translucent and a tiny bit of a colored clay for each one. Next time. Less is better. Mistake number 2, I was happy with my silkscreen job, but smeared the ink on purple section a tiny bit. and I really mess up cutting out the sections. Be careful to keep all pieces together and do 1 at a time, making sure the each pattern piece is right side up . Of course 2 of my weren’t and I couldn’t figure out why they would all fit back together. Finally baked put scrap backing on texture& bake again. I used PYMII for the finish.
The cording I used was light brown Suede, because I really didn’t want Black on this one. I should have used round leather or tubing in another color, but it worked out fine. I hate , hate, hate, putting Jewelry components together, which is why I always have buckets of beads. I normally use adjustable cording. It has always bothered me that the 2 knots always winded up in the front of my neck , and with double cording in the back. SO reverse it. Just make sure your hole (bail) is large enough to accept 2 strands of cording loosely . I love this much better.
The earring are the partial remains of the other sheets which were almost all destroyed from cutting wrong, so I only had that much left to work with. I use ear wires with Lobster claw clasp because I can take them off and use them on the next pair of earrings . I also do the same thing with my chain pendants.
Enjoy!! Have a Great Day
Theresa & Yari